There has been a lot of buzz lately… about what… I hear you ask….. The Credit Crunch...America's new president…eemm yes but also about….. ‘The Super Sirion' …. Some say "This car is like economical aid in time of financial crisis!" There has been a lot of talk about this little gem of a car. Recently Daihatsu quoted there are 5 Reasons to buy a Sirion.
1)Established Reliability 2)Spend Less - money on petrol 3)Save More on Road Fund Licence - Sirion is only £35.00 annual tax 4)Low Emissions 5)Free 5 Year warranty and 5 Year Road Side Assistance
1) The Sirion is made by the Top 3 most reliable car manufacturers as published in the Which? Car Awards 2008
2) The Sirion is sold by Daihatsu who were voted as one of the top 3 car brands for sales and service as published in the Which? Car Awards 2008.
3) Daihatsu was voted as one of the top 4 car brands as published in the Which? Car Awards 2008
4) The Daihatsu Sirion was voted as one of the best 5 superminis for reliability as published in the Which? Car Awards 2008
So why is the Sirion so super? Well let me present the facts then you can make up your own mind.
• When Daihatsu set about making the Sirion their goal was simple but challenging, to make a small car with the highest standards of interior space and equipment Autel MaxiSys Pro, but at the same time incorporating advanced engine technology and body design to give low fuel consumption figures and CO2 emissions.
• The Sirion has been specifically designed to provide more space, more equipment, more manoeuvrability, and more economy than any other car in its class, with minimum impact on the environment. It has a distinctive style that sets it apart. You can see it in every line and curve and appreciate it from every angle.
• Stylish and compact and with its small turning circle it's easy to drive and manoeuvre. And with its intelligent design has a shorter engine compartment to give an unexpectedly big interior. Add the flexible seating and load layout, air conditioning (standard on all models) and a CD/Radio/MP3 audio system and you have a great car that is a pleasure to drive and own. The Sirion really is one car that meets most needs.
• It looks good from the outside and also on the inside. There is a great range of models available to suit everyone. From the frugal but spirited 1.0 litre the added power of the 1.3 litre or the flagship 1.5 litre SX.
• The Sirion is very compact great for parking spaces. It has a shorter turning circle than other cars in its class.
• The Sirion is Modern, funky, Spacious, Versatile, Comfortable, Stylish, Manoeuvrable, goes anywhere, fits in anywhere, safe but most importantly to some in the current financial climate - Economical not on petrol but Road Fund Tax set at just £35.00 per year.
• A quick inspection of the Sirion demonstrates the famous Japanese build quality. Look closer and you'll notice the contrast between sharp, shape-defining lines and gentle, aerodynamic curves that together create a distinctive, modern profile.
• The Sirion has comfortable space in abundance. And just to make sure that you are really comfortable all Sirions are equipped with a height adjustable steering column and with the exception of the 1.0s, they all have driver's seat height adjustment.
• The Sirion is full of equipment that has been sensibly designed. Take the radio/CD Player for instance. No more groping for tiny buttons to change channels. No more looking for the volume control. The integrated radio/CD player has large, easy to see and easy to use controls.
• Every Sirion also has air conditioning, electric power steering, electric windows front and rear, driver, passenger and side airbags, ABS with EBD - the list goes on autel maxisys ms906.
• In addition to the odometer and trip meter the current or average fuel consumption can be displayed on the LCD panel for your information.
• Other features include: Illuminated electric window switches, centre storage tray and box, Front floor console bottle holders, ipod/Mp3 connectivity, integrated audio system. The Sirion comes in 7 colours. All stylish and sleek.
• Seats - Rear Seat Reclining Mode - The right and left split rear seat both offer a reclining backrest that allows rear passengers to relax and enjoy a more comfortable drive.
• Luggage Mode - When the rear seatbacks are folded forward the luggage capacity is increased giving maximum luggage space for two people going on a long trip. When the rear luggage space will comfortably accommodate two fully-loaded golf bags, a 60/40 split folding rear seat may seem almost superfluous. But if you ever need to carry something extra long or luggage this comes in handy!
• The Engine - the 1.5 litre Sirion is powerful with twin Camshafts, 16 valves and dynamic variable valve timing makes sure that performance is optimised, together with fuel consumption and emissions. The engine of the Sirion 1.5 SX produces a respectable output of 102 bhp. For the manual gearbox this gives a brisk acceleration figure of 0-62 mph in 10.5 seconds. Fuel consumption is still an economical 45.6 mpg on the combined cycle whilst C02 emissions remain low at 145g/km. The self regenerating super intelligent catalyst also enhances its environment credentials. So the Sirion 1.5 SX isn't a guilty pleasure - just a sheer pleasure to drive.
• For safety Daihatsu have designed this cars body with Impact Absorbing body. The cabin is protected by an advanced shock absorbing structure and the brake and clutch pedals are designed not to intrude into the cabin in event of a collision. There is a SRS Airbag system in place to protect against collision. There is skid control and Traction Control system in place along with Brake Assist, Brake Mechanism and there is an Anti-Lock Braking with EBD on all models.
• Additional Features on a range of models: chrome plated inside door handle, black rear light housing, side skirts, rear spoiler 8 spoke alloy wheels can be ordered instead of 5 and so on.So now make up your mind……So ‘where can I buy a Sirion?’ you ask yourself… Go to or call +44 (0)208 200 7787 to make an appointment to test drive a Sirion at HMC Daihatsu your friend family showroom.